You must be over 16 years old to have a blood test at the surgery.
Where to go for your blood test:
- The Earlsfield Practice
Blood tests are taken only during the mornings Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 11:30. Please note that we are not a walk-in clinic therefore, you must book.
- Should we not have any available appointments for blood tests, please ask your Doctor for a blood form, which will enable you to have a blood test at the following below:
Walk-In Phlebotomy Clinics:
- St Johns Therapy Centre SW11 1SW Mon- Thur 8am – 16.45pm
- Queen Mary’s Hospital Roehampton SW15 5PN Mon- Fri 8.30am-16.45pm
- The Nelson Health Centre SW20 8DA Mon-Fri 8am-19.30pm / Sat 8am-13pm
- Brocklebank Group Practice SW18 4DU (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 8.30am-12pm
- Balham Park Surgery SW17 7AW (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 9am-14pm/ Sat 9am-11am
- Balham Health Centre SW12 9HS (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 8.30am-12.15pm Sat 9am-12pm
- St George’s Hospital – Dragon Centre SW17 0QT
- St John’s Therapy Centre SW 11 1SW
- The Nelson Health Centre SW20 8DA (Over 7 Years old)
If you have been asked to do a FASTING blood test, please allow 8 to 10 hours prior to your appointment. Please refrain from any liquid but water on the morning of the blood test so to have an accurate reading.
Tests for glucose and cholesterol are usually fasting.
If you are asked to do a specimen, please bring to the surgery before 14:00 (Monday to Friday). We do not and will strictly not accept any specimens on a Saturday. Please list below:
- Nail Clippings
- Sputum (Saliva)
- Self Swabs
Please ensure you have ALL relevant paperwork and labels with the time and date the sample was done in a sealed clear bag.
We notify you when your results are back. You can see your test results online if you are registered for Online Patient Access.
If you have a query on your result, please phone the surgery between 12:00 to 13:00 on 0208 946 5681 and select option 3 where a nurse will be able to give you your result.
Please bear in mind that test results can take anything between 3 days to 3 weeks.