Where to go for your blood test:
If the doctor asks you to have a blood test you can attend at any of the following:
- The Earlsfield Practice
We do blood tests here. Book an appointment at reception or by phone.
You must be over 16 years old to have a blood test at the surgery.
Blood tests are taken every morning Mon- Fri till 2PM
Walk-In Phlebotomy Clinics:
- St Johns Therapy Centre SW11 1SW Mon- Thur 8am – 16.45pm
- Queen Mary’s Hospital Roehampton SW15 5PN Mon- Fri 8.30am-16.45pm
- The Nelson Health Centre SW20 8DA Mon-Fri 8am-19.30pm / Sat 8am-13pm
- Brocklebank Group Practice SW18 4DU (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 8.30am-12pm
- Balham Park Surgery SW17 7AW (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 9am-14pm/ Sat 9am-11am
- Balham Health Centre SW12 9HS (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 8.30am-12.15pm Sat 9am-12pm
- St George’s Hospital – Dragon Centre SW17 0QT
- St John’s Therapy Centre SW 11 1SW
- The Nelson Health Centre SW20 8DA (Over 7 Years old)
If you have been asked to do a FASTING blood test, having nothing to eat from midnight. You may have still water on the morning of the blood test. NOT tea, coffee, fruit juice etc. Tests for glucose and cholesterol are usually fasting.
If you are asked to do a specimen please bring to the surgery before 2pm – Mon – Fri.
- Nail Clippings
- Sputum (Saliva)
- Self Swabs
Please ensure you have all relevant paperwork and labels with time and date the sample was done in a sealed clear bag.
We notify you when your results are back. You can see your test results online if you are registered for online access.
If you have a query, phone the surgery on 020 8946 5681 and select option 2 between 12-1PM when a nurse will be able to give you your result.
Please bear in mind that test results can take anything from 3 days up to 3 weeks.