Where to go for your blood test:
If the doctor asks you to have a blood test you can attend at any of the following clinics:
- The Earlsfield Practice
We can now do most blood tests here to save you the wait or travelling to hospital. Book at appointment at reception or online if you are registered or by phone.
You must be over 15 years old to have a blood test at the surgery.
Blood tests are taken every morning Mon- Fri till 2PM
Other Pathology Outpatient Phlebotomy (blood test) services:
No appointment is necessary.
- St Johns Therapy Centre SW11 1SW Mon- Thur 8am – 16.45pm
- Queen Mary’s Hospital Roehampton SW15 5PN Mon- Fri 8.30am-16.45pm
- The Nelson Health Centre SW20 8DA Mon-Fri 8am-19.30pm / Sat 8am-13pm
- Brocklebank Group Practice SW18 4DU (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 8.30am-12pm
- Balham Park Surgery SW17 7AW (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 9am-14pm/ Sat 9am-11am
- Balham Health Centre SW12 9HS (Over 16 ONLY) Mon-Fri 8.30am-12.15pm Sat 9am-12pm
St George’s Hospital – Dragon Centre SW17 0QT
St John’s Therapy Centre SW 11 1SW
(Over 7 Years old) The Nelson Health Centre SW20 8DA
If you have been asked to do a FASTING blood test, you will need to attend in the morning, having had nothing to eat from midnight the night before. You may have a drink of water on the morning of the blood test, but NOT tea, coffee, fruit juice etc. Tests for glucose and cholesterol are usually fasting.
If you are asked to bring in a specimen please do so before 2pm Mon – Fri.
We usually text you the results as they come in. You can also see your test results online if you are registered for online access.
If you don’t have access to text messaging or have a query phone the surgery on 020 8946 5681 (direct line) from 12 pm – 1 pm when a nurse will be able to give you your result.
Please bear in mind that test results can take anything from 3 days up to 3 weeks.